The AMMCO® 4000B Combination Disc and Drum Brake Lathe has been professionals' first choice for more than 50 years.
And for good reason. It's simple. It's fast. It's very precise. AMMCO combination brake lathes support rotors or drums using a standard one inch arbor. And like all AMMCO brake lathes, it almost never breaks down. It's no wonder that the 4000B has been a favorite of brake technicians everywhere since its introduction five decades ago.
- Two adjustable spindle speeds (if desired) allow for fast turning of small pieces and high-quality turning of larger pieces.
- Two feed rates allow for quick rough-cut and finer finish-cut settings.
- Forged alloy steel arbor – Two tapered mounting surfaces add stability and handle up to 200 lb.
- Feed slide protection keeps travel surfaces free of dirt and chips.
- Negative rake tool bits standard, provide lower cost of ownership.
- Solid twin cutter tool simultaneously resurfaces both sides of rotor.
- Full-drum support hex boring bar guarantees correct tool angle for drums.
- Infinitely variable drum feed from 0.002" to 0.02" per revolution.
- Quick drum-to-rotor changeover.
- User-friendly ergonomics.
- Supports drums or rotors up to 100 lb. using the standard 1" (25.4 mm) arbor, or up to 200 lb. using the optional 1.875" (47.63 mm) arbor.
- Micrometer-precise depth-of-cut dials embossed in metal and calibrated in both thousandths of an inch and tenths of a millimeter; easy reset to zero.
- Extended spindle increases drum capacity to 9.875".