2 Post Lifts
Affordable Automotive Equipment Inc., located in Orlando Florida, has been in the automotive equipment industry for over 22 years. Our sales team has the knowledge and experience to help you with any questions you may have about any of our 2 post car lifts. We stand by the automotive lifts we sell whether to a home consumer, or automotive shop. Our Challenger Lifts line of car lifts are the one of the best on the market.
As our economy has changed, and the competitive nature of the automotive business has increased, being able to buy an American Made product is more valuable to all of us. Challenger Lifts 2 Post Lifts are "American Made", and ETL Certified. Take a look at the Challenger CL10V3, CL10V3-QC, 12000, or the 15000. What you will find is a product that is engineered to last for commercial or residential use.
Our 2 Post Car Lifts are designed to rigid safety standards. We are the best distributor network in the industry, have the best value in the industry, skilled service, support and prompt response. So, please give us a call if you have any questions about our line of Challenger Lifts, Quality Lifts, or ProKar Lifts.
More Useful Information on 2 Post Car Lifts
2 post car lifts are the most commonly used automotive lift design in the entire world. The lift design features 2 sets of lifting arms attached to two independent columns. At designated pickup points on the frame a vehicle is driven between the lift columns, and the arms of the lift are manually positioned under the vehicle to lift it. The lifting capacity of these 2 post lifts ranges from 7,000 lbs., to your more heavy duty lifts of 18,000 lbs. Two post lifts are generally used for preventative maintenance, repairs, and storage.
Features & BeneFIts
- Initial purchase price is low along with the cost of installation
- Very versatile. Provides easy access to most of the vehicle undercarriage and drive train
- Wheels hang free, so wheel, brake, steering and suspension work is possible
- Ease & fast installation because no digging is required
- Equipped with adapters which make it possible to lift a variety of different vehicles
- Positioning the vehicle is quick and easy using a spotting dish on the floor
- Ease of maintenance
- Relocation is easy if necessary
- Hydraulic fluids is above ground making them environmentally friendly
- Very flexible with a wide range of available vehicle contact configurations
- Can be equipped with fixed contact pads for faster spotting
- To maximize working height under tall vehicles extended height models are available
- For shops with ceilings as low as 10 feet models are available for low-ceiling shops
- To save technicians steps and maximize productivity, some models come with controls on each column
2 Post Lift Limitations
- Productivity may be affected due to lift columns can get in the way
- Restricted access to the vehicles passenger compartment due to columns, or the columns can damage doors if care is not taken
- Overhead bar can limit lifting heights on tall vehicles (low ceiling models available)
- Reduction in technician efficiency due to lack of working space
- Shorter life compared to in-ground lifts (10 to 15 years)
Different 2 Post Lift Designs
2 post car lifts are typically designed either asymmetrically, symmetrically, or "Two-in-one" designs offered by Challenger Lifts. A true asymmetrical design have the lift columns rotated 30 degrees. With this design, the vehicle’s center of gravity is approximately in line with the optimum load capability of
the columns, therefore reducing unnecessary wear and tear on the lift columns, carriages and bearings. It also allows maximum door opening on passenger cars for improved access to the vehicle’s interior, and under the dash. The columns of true symmetrical lifts are not rotated. The symmetrical design centers the vehicle load
between the columns to maximize the lifting capacity. You will find symmetrically designed lifts are preferred to be used on large vehicles.
“Two-in-one” or Versymmetric® Lifts, a registered trademark of Challenger Lifts, are lifts that have short arms on the front, and long arms in the rear. Challenger Lifts has designed the first and only 2 post lift on the market with both 3-stage front and 3-stage rear arm configurations. This allows maximum arm reach and retraction to meet the recommended lifting points of the widest range of vehicles. 3-stage front arms enable maximum retraction for lifting wide body imports with designated outside lift points. 3-stage rear arms enable maximum reach for hitting the lift points of long wheelbase vehicles. These lifts are designed to lift just about any vehicle on the market within each lifts lifting capacity.